There is nothing more important than hiring great talent. Nothing. Everything else can wait.
Chuck Jacob (1971)
Everyone knows the situation.
Hiring great people is hard, takes too much time, and isn't even your real job. But it's the most important thing you do.
Our recruiter and hiring manager training for Performance-based Hiring fills the gap.
Performance-based Hiring Overview: A Business Process for Hiring Top Tier Talent
Evidence-based Interviewing Demo Lesson: Discover how to use Sherlock Holmes' deductive reasoning to accurately predict performance.
The Talent Strategy Catch-22: You can't use a surplus of talent strategy when a surplus of strategy doesn't exist.
Basic Performance-based Interview Playbook
Online Course - Subscriptions start at $35/month
The series of lessons in this course cover how to prepare a performance-based job description and conduct an in-depth Performance-based interview. If you have access to the full Essentials program you'll find another course covering the sourcing and recruiting process. Collectively, these lessons cover all you'll need to get started using Performance-based Hiring.
|The Basics of Conducting a Performance-based Interview|
|● Overview - Introduction to Performance-based Hiring|
|● The Hiring Manager's Critical Recruiting Role|
|● Creating Performance-based Job Descriptions|
|● Intro: The Performance-based Interview|
|● Conducting the Work History Review|
|● Asking the Most Significant Accomplishment (MSA) Question|
|● Conducting the Panel Interview - An Interactive Lesson|
|● Make the Hiring Decision Using the Quality of HIre Talent Scorecard|
|● The Hiring Machine Mobile Digital Application|
● Complete 8-Step Performance-based Interview
● Exploratory Phone Screen to Engage Passive Candidates
● Phone Interview to Screen Active Candidates
● Organizing The Interview - Assigning Roles to Hiring Team Members
● Quality of Hire Talent Scorecard - Automated
● Quality of Hire Talent Scorecard - Basic
● The NO 2S! Table and Training Guide
● Job and Culture Fit Role - Performance-based Interview Guide
● Organizational Role - Performance-based Interview Guide
● Panel Interview - Performance-based Hiring Guide
● Project Management Role - Performance-based Interview Guide
● Sales Consultative Role - Performance-based Interview Guide
● Soft Skills Role - Performance-based Interview Guide
● Team Role - Performance-based Interview Guide
● Technical Role - Performance-based Interview Guide
● Performance-based Job Description Framework Worksheet
● Performance-based Job Description Framework Worksheet - Automated
● Performance-based Job Descriptions - Handbook
Rocketfuel for People Who Hire
Just some of the things you'll continue to learn as part of Lou's ongoing program.
Attract Stronger Talent
Learn how to bring better people into your recruitment funnel and from there into your workforce.
Increase Assessment Accuracy
Find out how to get clear insight into the people you are considering for a position in your company.
Discover the right questions and methods to weed out short term stars that fall to the ground quickly.
Eliminate Interviewer Bias
Eliminating interviewer bias is essential if your goal is to build a company focused on performance..
Hire More Diverse Talent
Reach out and make sure everybody has a chance in whatever you're building for the future.
Our methods have been reviewed and certified by top legal authorities in human resources.
Here's what the course looks like
Overview: This Performance-based Interview course is a key step in the entire Performance-based Hiring process. By preparing a performance-based job description that defines the job as 5-6 KPOs (Key Performance Objectives) and digging deep into the candidates major comparable accomplishments you’ll be able to accurately predict on-the-job performance.
How the Performance-based Interview can be used to assess performance, motivation and fit and establish the job as a true career move.
The Role of the Hiring Manager
Recruiting top tier talent requires a hiring manager who understands how to conduct an interview with two equal buyers.
The Performance-based Job Description
It’s what a person does with what she/he has that makes the person successful.
The Performance-based Interview
Quick review of the key questions, how to overcome interviewer bias and using evidence to predict performance.
Work History Review
Assess the person’s general fit and if the person is a high potential performer.
The Most Significant Accomplishment Question
The best interview question of all time to compare the candidate’s accomplishments to the KPOs.
The Panel Interview
A well-organized panel interview can increase assessment accuracy, lessen the impact of first impression bias and train weaker interviewers.
Making the Yes/No Hiring Decision
Using our Quality of Hire Talent Scorecard as part of a formal debriefing session you’ll be able to accurately predict on-the-job performance.
The Hiring Machine Digital Application
We made a mobile version of this entire course as a quick refresher with instant tips and advice.
Based on the Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired
Much of the course material is based on and covered in Lou Adler's Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired.
Introductory PricingLimited time only
- Immediate access to our full LMS catalog + All video lessons + Hiring Machine digital version
Regular PricingStandard member pricing after official launch.
- Immediate access to our full LMS catalog
- All video lessons
- Hiring Machine digital version